1. You are a dot on a field, you are not king or queen but equally you are not unimportant,without you the show would have a void
2. Your section/ guard will be your family, disfunctional as shit, but still family
3. Never have sex with anyone on snare line or in general percussion
4. Hard work will get you what you want
5. Hard work does not need to be put boldly on display. Your Band director/ color guard coach will notice in your silent successes
6. Mistakes happen, sometimes people slip up or forget something but you can’t let it stop you, you must go on
7. Be grateful and respectful to your coaches, they don’t have to teach you, they don’t have to be their, but they are because they want to be and they want to see you succeed
8. There is a time and a place for joking
9. FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS
10. Do not complain, its annoying, and your’re less likely to get what you want.
11. In the begging something may not make sense, you have to allow time for things to come full circle.
12. It will make you tough.
13. Appreciate what you are given, whether it be a small(or large) solo or just a 2 minute water break.
14. Be loud, scream, they want to hear you.
15. Help others who you see struggling and others will help you in return
16. NEVER LET YOUR COLOR GUARD CAPTAIN YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON SOMEONE IN BAND BECAUSE IT WILL TURN INTO A HUGE THING AND JUST DON’T DO IT
17. Good things in life come to those who get it and work for it not to those who wait.
18. Always hold your head up high, walk with your chest out, and never let your pride falter